TO ALL FILIPINOS HERE & ABROAD:
As you too must have realized by now, yesterday's Senate circus was not at all in aid of legislation or in pursuit of truth re: EJK. It now obviously appears as an organized, well-orchestrated black propaganda against the new government intended for the foreign press and with US, UN, and the international community as the main or target audience. It is no longer much for us Filipinos based in Philippines as we can more easily verify the veracity of the information and see through the lies and half-truths being presented.
Some groups are resorting to black ops after the government waged a serious war against the players in the multi-billion illegal drug trade which has become a huge threat to the lives, wealth, and power of several narco-politicians and big time drug lords. Our country's oligarchs are equally threatened by and unhappy with many of the President's pronouncements.
You must have seen the latest video from New York Times--a pre-taped video of Mr. Matobato's testimony before he even testified. It even came with an English sub-title (readily available!). Other foreign news outlets were also provided with one-sided information and testimony of the in-credible witness as he vilified the President. Foreign press were either fed or were only able to pick up one side of the story--and that is, the bad side of the story which some groups want the international community to see and to believe. Needless to say, these are not only detrimental to our President but to the entire country as well.
Since the President enjoys the trust & support of 91% of Filipinos and most Filipinos are no longer easily manipulated by the local mainstream media, this group are now resorting to foreign media and are deliberately feeding these international new agencies with inaccurate, one-sided, distorted information in order to:
1) incite the international community to protest
2) invite UN, US, and other countries to interfere
All these with the end in view of protecting their own interests--their lives & wealth and their hope of getting themselves back to power.
As such, we urge all law abiding citizens to be vigilant and to be well-informed so as not to be easily swayed by these massive disinformation campaign.
More importantly, we urge all Filipinos to help us combat this on-going disinformation campaign against the President.
LET US DO OUR SHARE AND LET US DO THIS TOGETHER NOT JUST TO PROTECT THE PRESIDENT BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY TO HELP PROTECT OUR COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE'S WELFARE--AND TO HELP PREVENT UNNECESSARY UPHEAVAL WHICH IS DETRIMENTAL TO US ALL.
Apart from using FB, Twitter, and Instagram to share our views, here are other things we can do:
1. Many of you here can write well or in fact have already written and posted in FB walls your own stories, analysis, and opinions about the President and his fight against drugs. Please share those relevant positive experiences and opinions to the world and let the international community see the other side of the picture.
Let's write and show these foreign press the other side of the story.
These are the addresses:
John Micklewait, editor-in-chief
731 Lexington Avenue, New York 10022
Global News Editor, Reuter News
30 S Collonade, Canary Wharf, London
CNN International News Editor:
190 Marietta st.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
James Goldston, President, ABC News
47 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023
New York Times:
Dean Baquet, Editor
The New York Times Building
620 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10018
Kathleen Carroll, Executive Editor
450 West 33rd Street
New York City, NY
Katherine Viner, Editor
Kings Place, 90 York Way
London N1 9GU
2. Visit the websites of these foreign news agencies/international media sites. Write letters to the editors. Tell your stories and/or send them relevant, objective, and verifiable information that will help shed the light and erase their wrong impressions.
3. Check the comments section of various intl media sites where malicious and misleading articles about our government were published. Rebut nicely but intelligently. Provide reliable statistics whenever possible.
Please feel free to share your ideas with us on how we can become better and more effective #MediaWatch-ers and what else we can do together to help protect our country & our family and be truly part of nation building.
LABAN FOR OUR MOTHERLAND.
Please feel free to share or re-post this. Thanks.