By Jacques Phillip
Asking a westerner: "Hey, I heard you were going to work overseas. Why's that?"
1. I want to acquire a more well rounded spectrum of experience.
2. I'm looking for a little career change.
3. I want to see how others do it.
Asking a Filipino: "Hey, I heard you were going to work overseas. Why's that?"
1. I have to feed my family.
2. I have to send my kids to school.
3. My parents need me to take care of them.
4. Since I am the oldest, I'm expected to put my 6 siblings through school.
5. I want a better life.
What's wrong with this picture?