Sen. Antonio Trillanes made headlines anew after the video of his interview with BBC Hardtalk host Stephen Sackur spread like wildfire on social media. Due to the popularity of the video Pro-Duterte bloggers and supporters were so grateful with the way Sackur handled the Interview with Sen. Trillanes.
One of the Pro-Duterte bloggers on social media, MJ Quiambao Rees released an Open Letter through her official Facebook account admiring the BBC host and giving thanks to the veteran journalist for doing an in-depth research prior to interviewing Mr. Trillanes.
According to MJ Reyes she is grateful for the interview with Trillanes in behalf of the millions of Filipinos who are behind the duly elected President of the Philippines.
The open letter of the Pro-Duterte blogger also includes some corrections and vital information which might be helpful in the near future of Sakur's interview. Reyes also suggested at the end of her Open Letter to try to invite VP Leni Robredo as well Pres. Rody Duterte for an interview with BBC's Hardtalk.
Here's the Complete Statement of MJ Quiambao Reyes:
OPEN LETTER TO BBC HARDTALK
Kudos and thank you very much to Stephen Sackur and the team behind BBC HARDtalk for doing an in-depth research prior to interviewing Mr. Trillanes.
On behalf of the millions of Filipinos who are behind the duly elected President, we thank you deeply for doing that hard-hitting interview fairly and armed with facts.
Allow me please to correct and add a few information which may be helpful in your future episodes/interviews.
- The president admin., contrary to what this overly ambitious Mr. Trillanes wants the international community to believe, has no propaganda machine. It is the other way around. The Duterte detractors--composed mostly of narcopoliticians, losing political party, and greedy oligarchs directly and indirectly connected to some local & foreign news agencies and whose lives and wealth are obviously threatened by the new admin--are the ones relentlessly spending multi-millions and are desperately moving heaven and earth to overthrow the President.
- Meanwhile, it is us, the millions of ordinary Filipinos worldwide and active Filipino netizens, who stepped up voluntarily and are using the social media to help correct the false narratives and distorted information that the likes of Mr. Trillanes have been feeding the international community.
- The 7,000-9,000 is the total number of murder/homecide cases--much of the said figure are not related to the on-going drug war.
- In the previous admin prior to Duterte, the annual homecide & murder cases were 11,500-16,200 (2011-2015).
- There are new 1.3 million drug personalities who surrendered--alive and unharmed.
- There are about 83,000 drug personalities arrested--alive and unharmed.
- Contrary to Mr. Trillanes claim, the 1.3 million drug personalities who surrendered and the 83K arrested are not all poor. Several high-value targets were arrested or killed during legitimate police operations--including wealthy and powerful politicians as well as police scalawags who were connected to drug syndicates.
- Our govt. has put in place mega drug rehab centers and has also launched several rehabilitation and reintegration programs.
- Total crime rate in the Philippines has dropped by about 30% compared to previous year.
The following hashtags here in FB will lead you to more reliable information:
Thank ou and we hope you can also invite and interview Mrs. Robredo as well as our President Duterte in your show.