Featured Post

Duterte announces: "We are being sabotaged" - Let's brace ourselves for massive demonstrations ~SHARE

I had a creeping suspicion that the deaths of Kian, Arnaiz, and Kulot were part of a conspiracy to bring down the government of Presiden...

Friday, March 31, 2017

Duterte slams two media companies over reporting

'BULLSH— KAYO!'
Published March 30, 2017 6:19pm
Updated March 30, 2017 9:48pm
By TRISHA MACAS, GMA News

President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday mouthed invectives against two media companies for alleged unfair reporting.

"Alam mo ang Inquirer kahapon, talagang bulls— ang p— ina niya, basura talaga ‘yan pati ‘yung eleksyon na ganyan. The poor will be killed. Tignan mo mag-slant. Ewan ko ba but someday—hindi ko tinatakot but someday ‘yung karma dadating ‘yan," Duterte said after administering the oath of the new officers of the Philippine Councilors’ League.

"Talagang mga walanghiya ang p— inang journalista na ‘yan. Sabihin ko sa inyo talagang walanghiya pati ‘yung ABS-CBN. Because if I have the money p— ina ninyo. Nandiyan na ako sa gobyerno ngayon and you can request any son of a b— there sa central bank. Tell them to get a statement, bakit ako magbigay sa kalaban ko?" he added.

"If there is a really a 200 million sa account ko, I will resign tomorrow, ‘yan ang hamon ko sa lahat. And if my children would get involved in corruption, I will gladly step down. ‘Yan ang totoo mga Inquirer, mga bulls— kayo pati ‘yung ABS-CBN. Basura ‘yung inano ninyo. Dapat may magsabi sa inyo ngayon p— ina ninyo, sinobrahan ninyo ang kalokohan ninyo."

Duterte also accused the two firms that they were paid to publish stories during the elections.

"Kay Inquirer, you’ve never been fair. I know that it’s supposed to be antagonistic but fair? Bastos kayo. Pati ABS-CBN bastos, bastos talaga," he said.

"Kasi alam nila without checking the veracity of—the truth about… ‘Pag eleksyon na pera-pera na eh. Kung sino ang makabayad ng pera, iyon ang i-publish nila," he added.

Duterte also lashed out at the Prieto family and the Lopez family, which own Inquirer and ABS-CBN, respectively, calling them oligarchs.

"Kaya itong mga mayayaman akala mo mga honest ito, mga respected members of society. Mukhang pera ‘yang mga p— ina ‘yan. Sa totoo. Kaya ilang mga tao they’re very, kasi may-ari ng newspaper, may-ari ng baka atakihin siya," he said.

"It’s the corrupt media, ‘yung mukha ng mukha nila Prieto pati Lopez ng pera at ‘yang simbahan. The oligarchs of this country. May enjoyment sila one percent only panahon pa ni Cory Aquino hanggang dumating na lang sa akin," he added.

This was not the first time that Duterte lashed out at the said media companies, with the President previously slamming them for their reporting about his alleged bank accounts exposed by Senator Antonio Trillanes IV during the campaign period.

In his second speech for the day—at the awarding of Go Negosyo’s Inspiring Filipina Entrepreneurs 2017—Duterte threatened to uncover the media's personal stories as well.

“Sumosobra kasi ang media eh. Binababoy na nila. So kung ganon, I have a government station here, PTV-4. How do you suppose if I get one hour? Pup—hin ko kayo araw-araw at istorya ko kayo mga buhay ng anak ninyo. I mean, huwag ninyo masyadong sobrahan because hindi naman ako mag-hurimentado but I will give you your dues also. Wala magmula sa amin. Mahirap lang kami,” he said.

“Kayo kaya kung kalkalin ko ‘yung mga buhay ninyo? Mga anak ninyo? I am sorry to… Talagang smarting ako,” he added.

Taking exception

In a statement, Inquirer executive editor Jose Ma. Nolasco said the newspaper took exception to Duterte's remarks.

"Even as we've courageously pursued the truth in our coverage, we've endeavored to get the administration's side of any controversy," he said, noting that the newspaper runs a column titled "View from the Palace" allowing Duterte administration officials to write about policy and personality matters.

GMA News Online has reached out to ABS-CBN for comment.

The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines, meanwhile, slammed Duterte for his pronouncements, describing them as "not only unwarranted, it was absolutely twisted."

"Mawalang-galang subali’t napakalinaw na kayo po, at hindi sila, ang bastos. It was a brazen abuse of your immense power as chief executive of this land and only shows how little, if any, appreciation you have of democracy and governance," it said.

"It is a mindset of the petty tyrant who mistakenly believes public office is an entitlement that allows you to flaunt the laws of the land that both grant you power and ensure the checks that prevent you from abusing that power."

The group added that it would not expect an apology from Duterte, but said his pronouncements wouldn't stop journalists "from fulfilling our duty to inform the people as best we can of what is happening to our country, whether you agree with what we report or not." —NB/JST/BM,  GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/605268/news/nation/duterte-slams-two-media-companies-over-reporting?utm_source=GMANews&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=news

No comments: