I had a creeping suspicion that the deaths of Kian, Arnaiz, and Kulot were part of a conspiracy to bring down the government of Presiden...
Sunday, January 8, 2017
Totoo nga! Raffy Alunan in shock after knowing details of #Lenileaks, ‘oust Duterte’ plan
Who would’ve thought there are Filipinos in the country and abroad who are working to remove President Rodrigo Duterte from office less than a year into his term? Certainly not former Interior and Tourism Secretary Rafael Alunan III.
In a Facebook post, Alunan expressed his shock after seeing screenshots of the email exchange between United States-based newspaper columnist Ted Laguatan and certain persons in the Philippines on how Duterte could be ousted, as well as the social media strategy proposed by Vice President Leni Robredo’s staff.
“This is quite an eye-opener. These are screenshots of emails being circulated in Facebook that provide a glimpse of the conspiracy from both ends of the Pacific Ocean to oust PRRD,” he said.
“Never mind democracy and the people’s sentiments. I can only bow my head in sadness,” Alunan added.
In one of the e-mails, dated Nov. 12, 2016, Laguatan told recipients Randy, Vicky, Karina and Mely to invite prominent personalities like former President Benigno Aquino III, Senator Francis Pangilinan and former socioeconomic planning secretary Solita “Mareng Winnie” Monsod to rallies protesting extrajudicial killings and Duterte’s decision to allow the hero’s burial for dictator Ferdinand Marcos.
He said he will also be writing an article stating which Constitutional provisions Duterte has violated so far, which could be cited as legal grounds for his ouster.
“The whole world and decent good Filipinos will be with us. We’ll do our part here in the US and other parts of the world,” Laguatan said.
In another email addressed to a certain Mely and Vicky, the US-based writer asked that they make banners which read “Duterte resign now.”
“These embed in people’s minds the thought that this needs to be immediately done,” Laguatan said.
Meanwhile, a Facebook message sent by one Pete Silva, ostensibly a part of Robredo’s social media team, showed the Vice President’s staff wanted to downplay Duterte’s efforts to help victims of Typhoon Nina in response to the attacks against her over her remark about the slow delivery of aid to the affected areas.
Other responses proposed by Robredo’s social media team include attacking supposed “troll influencers” who criticized Robredo’s absence when the calamity struck, and pouncing on former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and his and his family’s reported shortcomings.