Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Cayetano fires back at Rappler: Does supporting Duterte make us dogs/tuta?

Dear Rappler,

I have always respected your media organization and reporters even when I disagreed with them, and yes, even when untrue or nasty things were written about me.

That's because I believe in the freedom of the press, the value of information and transparency and in the basic human value of respect.

This meme speaks a thousand words about Rappler, the person who authored it and your editors.

Cayetano socres Rappler: Does supporting Duterte make us dogs/tuta?
Photo by Asian Policy and Rappler
We may differ drastically in our political views and how to solve the country's problems, but I'd like to believe we share the same love for GOD and Country.

We are all made from GOD's Image and are but stewards in this world, all trying to make the world better for the next generation.

Bakit kailangan mag personalan, use ad hominems, resort to name calling?

If a Cabinet Member, Senator or Congressman depicted you as dogs and twisted the good value of loyalty to the appearance of being a tuta, the media will be in an uproar. Media organizations will demand ethics cases, boycotts and maybe resignations.

(NUJP et al where are you guys?)

Yet you posted a simple apology not even directed to Sec Aguire nor to Mocha (nevermind me, I'm used to being a whipping boy anyway).

Does supporting and believing in the Duterte administration make us dogs/tuta?

Dog/Tuta? Does anything in my 24 years of service to government point to that. Haven't I stood up even at the risk of my life, when the country needed me to stand up and lend my voice.

First of all why the meme? Have you done that for past politicians (especially those you like and favor)?

Who made the meme and posted it? What was his or her punishment? But the biggest question is why such a meme existed in your office? Is Rappler doubling as a social media propaganda machine? Didn't Rappler publish an article on weaponizing the internet?

Rappler has unfairly attacked us in the past. In 2010, it even targeted our election bid in Taguig, yet I've always fought that Rappler be present in the campaign and presscons (as well as other media outfits even if they are sometimes biased), because we need transparency. We need a vibrant, free press, and responsible press.

I assume you are apologizing for your actions not just for getting caught so....

So since its (Chinese) New Year and since the BIBLE says forgive 7 times 77, I forgive you.

GOD Bless The Philippines!

http://www.filipinewsph.com/2017/01/cayetano-socres-rappler-we-are-not-tuta.html

No comments: