Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"NON OMNIS MORIAR" I SHALL NOT COMPLETELY DIE!


In my view over the years I found myself getting wiser but the problem I also realized is I have alienated a lot of minds too and, consequently left them in another world, so to speak.


As I get wiser (too wise, actually, for my own good), I began to think in a much more global way in everything. In one aspect, I came to believe that our colonial mentality is has been designed, instilled, and perpetuated - from the Spanish, Americans, Japanese, and our SOBs (taken from the Marcos joke). We as a nation of people are "bred" as servers. Our Bonifacio's have been pruned out. What are left are the people who smile even though they are getting screwed from behind.

I just won't take it any more. Until the end of me comes, I would like to be able to say - "Non omnis moriar; I shall not completely die!" I would pass on a part of me that was taken Rizal. I would teach my people not to take it any more. The world is ours like everybody else.

See why I say, now I am wiser but left in my own world? I lost a lot of you again but I have to be patient to achieve my goal. And more important, never, never get intimidated by the "crab" mentality.

Regards,
Nito Abad
now an apostle of Rizal


On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Lino Reyes wrote:

Dear Sir Nito,

About 25 years ago, at Disney World, I remember seeing a big statue of Abraham Lincoln in one of the building entrances. Right beside his statue is a quotation that says: " Discontent is the first step to the progress of every man or nation." I read and had seen many beautiful things that day. I could hardly remember most of them now. However, this quotation comes to mind once a while, everytime a situation arises.

My view is quite positive about your discontent in what you read and your suggestion of rewriting the KOR documents including its constitution. Changing the KOR theme to make it more active than it is now sounds good to me, too. I also agree to the principle of moving forward rather than witch-hunts. Certainly, the later is counter productive specially when it is done improperly. However, I'm troubled in the last couple of statements in your email below. It says: " It is time. I can not be slave anymore. Let us move forward and show those bastards, we can be masters too."

I hope you don't mean exactly that, Sir. Based on what I read from you in your previous emails you have a vast knowledge of Philippine history and of our heroes. I'm sure you read or heard Rizal's famous statement before and I quote, " What good is independence if the slaves of today will be the tyrants of tomorrow." I doubt if Rizal's warning here is what you intend to do, but I want to hear it from the writer himself.

I hope you can expound on that last statement of yours, Sir.

Yours in Rizal,

Lino Reyes, KCR
Lifetime Member
Toronto, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: kor-world@googlegroups.com [mailto:kor-world@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Antonio Abad
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:21 PM
To: kor-world@googlegroups.com
Subject: [KOR World] "NON OMNIS MORIAR" I SHALL NOT COMPLETELY DIE!

Today is a sad day for me.

I was surfing the web trying to learn more about how to conduct a KOR meeting. Tomorrow, I initiated a meeting at my home and since I am a new inductee, wanted to learn more about KOR.

As I go from one web page to the other, my mind noticed the different meaning of the term "NON OMNIS MORIAR" which has been sanctioned in the KOR as meaning "not everything in me will die!"

The term actually originally came from opening words of Horace in Ode 3.30 in which he writes: "Non Omnis Moriar" to mean "I shall not completely die."

To me, the difference between "Not everything in me will die!" and "I shall not completely die" is like night and day. The first is passive voice but the latter is in active voice. Additionally, the word "shall" used with "I" means stating something with conviction.

As time passed, I came to the conclusion that we Filipinos were bred to serve - 300 hundred years under Spain and 50 years under America. What saddens me is here I am reading something that extends these colonial servitude and teachings. Here is NON OMNIS MORIAR translated to venerate Rizal rather than to emulate Rizal. As I read through all the KOR documents, the same meek and passive theme permeates.

I think it is time to re-write all KOR documents including the constitution and change the theme from venerating Rizal to creating a call to action the same way as Rizal would have done if he is alive today.

It is time. I cannot be a slave any more. Let us move forward and show those bastards we can be masters, too!

Regards,
Sir Nito Abad

PS. My dear fellow knights, in line of this, I no longer support witch hunts (not that I did before). What has been done is done. I no longer care who stole from who. That is counter productive. We must all move forward to a grander scheme and help save the Philippines.

Sad to say, I feel with what I have said here, I may be in dire need of friends later.

And sorry, sometimes my fingers cannot stop typing. The topics become halo-halo afterwards.


Source: http://groups.google.com/group/kor-world/msg/6c5c70b01c3f195d?pli=1


No comments: