Featured Post

WHAT IF DU30 DECLARES MARTIAL LAW TODAY?

Monday, January 9, 2017

Palace: Up to VP Robredo to convince public 'Lenileaks' is not true

By: Philippines News Agency
January 8, 2017 7:45 PM
InterAksyon.com
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - Malacañang said on Sunday that it is now up to Vice President Leni Robredo to convince the public that the so-called ‘Lenileaks’ is not true.

Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Assistant Secretary Ana Marie Banaag made this comment after Robredo gave public assurances that she has nothing to do with a move to oust President Rodrigo Duterte.

"We will respect whatever the Vice President would claim and it’s up to her if there are photos or emails or leaks that came out," Banaag said in an interview with state-run Radyo ng Bayan.

"Then it’s up to her to convince the public if it is true that she has nothing to do with, or she is not coordinating with other groups in the US or other personalities in the Philippines about that," she added.

The hashtag “#lenileaks” has been trending on social media particularly on Twitter, alleging that the Office of the Vice President is part of a well-orchestrated, well-funded strategy to discredit President Duterte as well as losing vice presidential candidate Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos.

Marcos is contesting his 200,000-vote loss to Robredo in the May 2016 vice presidential race.

Banaag said the demands of the groups for President Duterte to resign would not likely gain traction considering the President is working hard to improve the lives of over 100 million Filipinos.

"The President has strong support from our countrymen," Banaag said.

Last week, Pulse Asia came out with a survey showing President Duterte enjoying an 83-percent approval and trust rating.

Banaag said she is not sure whether there is a need to investigate the ‘Lenileaks’.

http://interaksyon.com/article/135972/palace-up-to-vp-robredo-to-convince-public-lenileaks-is-not-true

No comments: