Perhaps being unable to answer Senator Alan Peter Cayetano's counter-challenge, Leni Robredo probably opted to keep quiet hoping no one will notice her stupidity.
When Vice President Leni Robredo challenged Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano to speak up against the Marcoses despite his loyalty to President Rodrigo Duterte, she probably didn't anticipate a counter challenge coming from the senator.
According to Robredo, Cayetano's support for Duterte, should not hinder the indignation he showed towards the late Ferdinand Marcos and his family during the campaign. "I would have hoped that the outrage he showed during the campaign would still be the same until now. We understand that he's fully supportive of the President, but that's not enough reason for him to keep quiet," Robredo added.
In response, Senator Alan Peter Cayetano sent their reaction through their Facebook page:
Response To Ma'am Leni:
Thank you for the challenge. Let me assure you I am doing what I can, in the manner that I believe I can be most effective. Let me return the favor and also challenge you with the following:
Ask how and why the drug problem got so bad and out of control.
Call out and demand that your LP allies involved in illegal drugs resign and be jailed.
- Ask how and why the drug problem got so bad and out of control.
- Call out and demand that your LP allies involved in illegal drugs resign and be jailed.
- Ask for justice for the SAF 44.
- Ask for justice for tanim bala victims.
- Ask for an investigation and justice on MRT anomalies.
- Expose other LP personalities' involvement in graft and corruption.
- Ask for an investigation why despite expensive fees in the airport in the past admin, no CCTVs were purchased and installed.
- Ask the PCIJ, Rappler and Inquirer to look into your donors and undeclared expenses during your campaign.
- Ask ABS-CBN, and other media outlets that supported you to be fair and objective.
You were quiet about all of the above, but I respected your role and decision.
There's much more, but in a nutshell I challenge you to stop campaigning and thinking of The Presidency and help attract investments, build infrastructure, create jobs and redistribute wealth in our country.
Let's do it together.