A fever or a high temperature is not by itself an illness. It’s a natural response by your body to fight off viruses and bacteria that cause infections.
12 Natural Ways to Safely Lower Your Fever
1. Soak small towels in lukewarm water and dab them on your forehead or under your arms. This stimulates sweat that helps keep your body cool, improves blood circulation and can reduce nasal congestion caused by a cold or flu (1).
2. Place a slice of raw onion on the bottom of each foot and wrap feet in a warm blanket.
3. In a pot of water, mix a half spoon of cinnamon, 2 seeds of cardamom and two spoons of ginger powder. Bring to a boil, filter and drink (2).
4. Boil together 20 basil leaves and one teaspoon of crushed ginger in one cup water, until the solution gets reduced to half. Add a little honey and drink this tea two or three times a day for three days.
5. Add one-half cup of vinegar to lukewarm bath water. Soak in this water for five to 10 minutes. In about 20 minutes you will notice improvement. Repeat again when the body temperature is high (3).
6. Add one teaspoon of mustard seeds to one cup of hot water, steep for five minutes, and then drink.
7. Warm a mixture of two tablespoons of olive oil and two large crushed garlic cloves. Apply the mixture under the sole of each foot, wrap each foot with plastic, and keep on for the night (4).
8. Mix water and vinegar in equal amounts. Dip a cotton ball in the mix, squeeze and put on your forehead for several minutes.
9. Dip a pair of socks in white vinegar and put them on. Wrap the body in a warm blanket and rest (5).
10. Make ginger tea by adding one-half teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to one cup of boiling water and letting it steep for a few minutes. Add some honey and enjoy this tea three or four times a day.
11. Add one tablespoon of crushed mint leaves to one cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for 10 minutes, strain and add some honey. Drink this tea three or four times daily for a quick recovery (6).