Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grow strong in faith by giving praise and thanksgiving to God.

Verse: Romans 4:20

... but he (Abraham) grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God

God promised Abraham that he would be the father of many nations - that his heirs would outnumber the stars in the sky.

Abraham waited twenty years to see his promise.

I’m sure there were many mornings he thought, “I must not have heard God right. It’s never going to happen. Besides, I’m too old to have a child.”

He had to do just what we have to do. He had to get up and shake off doubt.

He grew strong in faith by giving praise and thanksgiving to God.

Instead of complaining, I can hear him saying, “Father, I want to thank you that You are at work in my life. Even though this looks impossible, I know You always finish what You start. Thank you that my child is on the way.”

All throughout the day thank God, not only for what He’s already done, but thank Him in advance for what He’s going to do.

Thank Him that He’s going to bring your dreams to pass!

As you give the Lord thanks and praise, just like Abraham, you will grow strong, be empowered by faith to see the fulfillment of the promise!

Prayer:

Father, right now I choose to praise You and thank You for your promises in my life. Thank you for completing the work you’ve started in my life. Help me be a blessing and encouragement to others today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

No comments: