Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

QUIAMBAO-ESGUERRA THINK THAT NOT ALL FILIPINOS ARE CHARLATAN AND IGNORAMUS, BUT...

DID THEY INDISCRIMINATELY APPOINT SOMEBODY TO A HIGHLY SENSITIVE POST OF AUTHORITY WITHOUT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION HIS QUALIFICATIONS SERIOUSLY?

----- Original Message -----

From: Lino Paras <psc.paras@skynet.be>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 1:21 PM
Subject: Anong sarap ng buhay, hindi ba Abe?

Thank very much for your messages, I hope that you will recover completely.
Sorry I wan’t able to answer you promptly, due to the hectic schedules of my responsibilities.
I was in Orlando, Florida, U.S.A last month to received the second highest award of the Knights Grand Officer of Rizal, and last week the Supreme Council, Manila, send me to Litomerice, Czech Republic to attend the unveiling of the bust of Professor Ferdinand Blumentritt(friend of Dr. Jose Rizal).
I will be in Manila next month to accompanied Belgian businessman and to promote Tourism in our country. You see my friend, I never forget you, you are one of my best friends and considered you as a brother. With the passing away of my wife I really need to be active, otherwise, mapapadali ang pagsunod natin kung saan man siya ngayon.
Warmest regards,
Lino

Editor’s Note: The above email is a true copy written by somebody who pretends to be fluent in English and a holder of a master’s degree from the Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium. I have the strong conviction that the Supreme Commander and the appointing committee were taken for a joy ride to have him elevated as area commander by taking into consideration the data in his curriculum vitae at face value.

However, to prove honestly that they had made the right choice without presenting any hard proofs or credentials they should oblige him to undertake an appropriate examination to be conducted by independent experts at the international assembly in Manila on February 23-25, 2007. In such an eventuality that they could not find anyone available in time they should appoint a panel of professionals among the participants from the members of the contesting party.

From the definitions of the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a charlatan is a person pretending to knowledge or ability that he lacks while an ignoramus is one resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence.

No comments: