Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

On Rodrigo Duterte’s Sexuality: “None Of Your Business!”

June 8, 2016
by Grimwald
digong_duterte
Before I begin, let me clarify that I didn’t vote for Davao Mayor Rodrigo Duterte for president. As a matter of fact, I voted for Miriam Defensor Santiago at the time. However, now that the man is slated to become the president of our land, I believe we should all learn to own up to our choices and give the man a chance. After all, he did not at all seem as shady as some of his other adversaries like the deceptive Mar Roxas and the highly suspicious Jejomar Binay and in fact has a solid track record as a very effective mayor of Davao City.
Unfortunately, it seems that Rodrigo Duterte’s opponents are now just grasping at straws to take the man down before he is seated as president of the Philippines. They are now resorting to dastardly tactics, digging up dirt whenever and wherever they can find any, regardless whether it is reliable or not. One of the latest attacks they’ve made on the Davao mayor is his apparent lenient stance towards the LGBT community. His detractors are now accusing him of being gay or at least bisexual because he once stated that he will consider supporting same-sex marriage in the Philippines.
Well then, allow me to express my seething contempt and disgust for all you self-righteous hypocrites!
As they say: “How low can you go?” How is Mayor Duterte’s sexual orientation even relevant in relation to him being a statesman? Why does it matter so much to certain people out there who Mayor Duterte prefers to sleep with? Will it matter for instance if Mayor Duterte has a thing for transgender persons?
Look, once upon a time, I was a bigot too. I was none too fond of gay people but I had a liking for the works of horror writer Clive Barker because of his unique take on the idea of demons in the Hellraiser franchise. When I found out he was gay, I became somewhat hesitant to explore his writings further but then, in the end, I decided that I would remain his fan still because his stories were always interesting and inspiring. Besides, when you think about it, I don’t want to know anything about his sex-life, what I do want is to read more of his stories.
That’s why I don’t know why some people think that accusing Mayor Duterte of being gay has any real significance in the grand scheme of things. Aren’t his achievements such as the low crime rate of Davao and the overall economic growth of his city far more important than his preference in gender? So what if Rodrigo Duterte occasionally prefers men? At least he has actual achievements under his belt unlike a certain president who has really done nothing for the past six years except blame others and take credit for works that are clearly not his. At least he knows how to think ahead and solve actual problems unlike a certain senator who’s only real talents are punching other people, memorizing Biblve verses and throwing money at gullible people to gain their loyalty and is even now busily licking Mayor Duterte’s heels for personal favor.
http://www.getrealphilippines.com/blog/2016/06/rodrigo-dutertes-sexuality-none-business/

No comments: