Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Monday, March 19, 2007

MORE RESIGNATIONS FROM OKOR. WHO'S NEXT?

March 16th, 2007

Dear Ladies and Sirs,

much to me regret, I had to learn within the last years, that the Order of the Knights of Rizal has changed. Looking upon the last developments in the Order in Europe, Canada and Middle East, I have lost all my hope, that the OKOR will find back to its original roots.

The order has failed, and – to quote Sir Christoph – “its titles, ranks and decorations, which are purely fraternal, have become absurd. Deprived of their genuine sense, misused for an entirely different purpose, they are now practiced to satisfy vanity; to award imagined merits; and to compensate gaps of ability and achievements.”

Dr. Jose Rizal and Rizalism stands for democracy, anticolonialism, antinationalism, antiracism, freedom of thoughts and speech, solidarity with the poor and absolute integrity. A majority of these principles has been neglected nay jeopardised by the order as within the highest ranks a morbid nationalistic ideology (Filipino Muna) especially in Europe is about to succeed, whose vicinity to racism and fascism is not so far away. Where are the ideals and teachings of Rizal within the OKOR gone?

I cannot stay and accept the trends in an organisation that tolerates and supports continued breach of law and perversion of justice; an organisation, that has adopted a policy, that is nothing less but the betrayal of the fundamental ideals and stepping upon the very goals, José Rizal died for.

As I do not foresee, that the Order will be able to govern itself in the near future in a truly democratic manner, this letter of resignation terminates my membership as Knight of Rizal - but not as Rizalist – and as such I will continue to work for the ideas and the memory of Dr. Jose Rizal.

Though my decision makes me feel sad, I consequently hereby declare my resignation from the Order of Knights of Rizal valid this March 16th 2007.

Respectfully yours !
Peter Eisele


March, 17th 2007

Dear Ladies and Sirs,

I hereby declare my resignation from membership within the order of the Knights of Rizal. The morally and ethically sinister development within the order of the Knights of Rizal is the reason for this decision.

Equality of mankind – one of the most important ideas of Rizal – is replaced by „Filipino First/Only“ thinking and decisions.

I too cannot and will not be part of an organisation that tolerates continued breach of law by high ranked officers and perversion of its own bylaws and that has adopted a policy, which is nothing less than a sellout of the ideals and goals José Rizal died for.

I did not take this decision easily. I now will find another way to live and propagate the ideals of Rizal and to keep the ideas of Rizal in honoring memory.

Yours
Norbert Pischka


March 16th, 2007

Dear Ladies and Sirs,

I hereby declare my resignation from membership as I do not see any other chance anymore but to leave the order. The morally and ethically unsavory conditions and incidents within the order of the Knights of Rizal are forcing me to this decision.

Equality of mankind – one of the fundamental ideas of Rizal – is replaced by „Filipino Muna“ thinking and decisions.

I too cannot and will not be part of an organisation that tolerates continued breach of law and perversion of justice and that has adopted a policy, which is nothing less than a treason to the fundamental ideals and trampling upon the very goals José Rizal died for.

I very well did not take this decision easily. I now will have to find other ways to keep the ideas of Rizal in honoring memory and to live and propagate the ideals of Rizal.

Yours
Lutz Ruhloff


March 16, 2007

Dear Ladies and Sirs,

When I entered the Order about 3 years ago, I had the hope and expectation to learn about the personality and goals of José Rizal. I was just discovering Rizal and somehow he became my idol. I was hungry to read his books and was hoping to get more impulses in order to develop my personality and knowledge about his humanistic ideals, taking all people in this world equal, regardless their skin colour, religion or political orientation.

During those 3 years I got sorely disappointed. During all meetings of our order discussions were hold about who is holding which position why and when. It was more a vanity fair than any kind of deal with Rizal. The Order was administrating itself and even that was not of success. That is deeply frustrating for a new member like me, who did not experience “good old times” of the Order, who thought to enter an honourable Order with honourable members talking about honourable high ideals. Imagine, for example, you are member in a rabbit association and for 3 years in the meetings you will not discuss about rabbits! What you call this?

That is now too much. I am not willing to spend more gasoline, time, energy and membership fee to visit the OKR meetings as there is no content at all to find. As I cannot see that something will change in the near future I consequently hereby declare my resignation from membership in the Order.

I have lost the interest to be member of this Order, but certainly I did not loose the interest in José Rizal.

Respectfully
Thomas Schüle


No comments: