Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SOCIAL ILLS IN OUR COUNTRY


When one person has faith in a grand delusion, it is called insanity. When millions of people have faith in a grand delusion, like in the Philippines, it is called Christianity.

     There was a time when every man, woman, and child in this world believed in the existence of God - loved, adored, obeyed, and had faith in God. Historians refer to it as the Dark Ages. It lasted for a thousand years - from the 5th to the 15th century. During this time, however, no one dared to think; no one dared to bring enlightenment to the human mind. Everybody loved only God in heaven up there; especially by hating one another on this earth down here.

     Today, 99 million Filipinos out of 100 million believe in the existence of God, love God, obey God, worship God, and adore God.  We still live in the Dark Ages; though it is referred to as "social ills." But according to the Catholic Bishops - God and only God can remedy the ills of our sick society. We must only pray. If nothing happens, we must pray harder. If nothing still happens, it is because we do not know how to pray! At any rate, no matter what happens, we must never question God's divine plan for the Philippines - a country for poor Filipinos, but more so for the rich foreigners - our employers. Our investors. Indeed, our Saviors!

      No doubt, social ills are a historical reality in our country. Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle described such horrors as: "The tombs of hunger, unemployment, homelessness, violence, discrimination, injustice and corruption." If I may add, the tombs also more known as schools, colleges, and universities: The breeding grounds for having faith in social insanity and political stupidity. Otherwise less referred to as "corruption by education" in our poor and backward only Christian country in Asia since the 16th century.

     In the meantime, the new Vicar of Christ - "Pope Francis used his first Easter Sunday address to call for peace in the world."

      It is incredible, how Pope Francis, the sole representative of the Son of God Jesus, ignores the clear message from Jesus as written by inspired authors of God in the holy bible: 

        “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matt. 10:34-37

         I said it before, I say it again: The troubles in our world begin with the troubles in the human family. Now listen carefully to Jesus, preaching as the savior of our troubled 
world. 

          “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. And whosoever does not carry his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple."  Luke 14:26-27

        For my part, I am a humanist. This means that I am an atheist who cares.  I rest my case.

                                                                Cheers!

No comments: