Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A New Home Remedy?

I don't know where I have been all this time but it took an emergency for me to be educated on a remedy for a fishbone in the throat.

At approximatly 6.30pm (17/05/10) my wife complained about a fishbone being stuck in her throat, inspite of trying to dislodge it by swallowing half chewed bread as regularly recommended.

I promptly took her to the busy Emergency Dept. of the Oakville Hospital where, she was registered by 7.00pm.

She waited in discomfort until approx. 9.30pm when she was eventually called to the treatment room. The doctor, who was busy, when told of my wife's complaint recommended (approx. 10.00pm) that she tried drinking a bottle of COKE in the meantime, as this was the third such incident for the day. Well, gentle folks, I now testify that by 10.30 my wife was beside herself with disbelief.

THE BONE WAS GONE.

Only the sensation of the irritation of the bone was left and even that disappeared by 11.00 o'clock.

Still in a state of disbelief myself, on reaching home I promptly decided to conduct my own "in vitro" trial.

I put some Coke in a glass with some bone of the same fish that my wife had for dinner and within 30 minutes the bone rose to the top of the glass, seemingly smaller.

Just to be certain I left it overnight and true enough, by the next morning the bone had dissolved.

For those who may doubt this you may conduct your own trial.

In the meantime I'm wondering and asking myself,"Where the hell was I all this time, or is this new?"

No comments: