Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Thursday, February 28, 2019

FINALLY MET MY FATHER AFTER 47 YEARS THANKS IN PART TO FB!

By Malcolm Conlan

Now, more than ever, I really do believe that everything in life happens for a reason and there is a purpose in all we do. Without going into my personal life too much, just wanted to share this to hopefully inspire someone out there.

For reasons which I won’t share on FB, my biological father left home when I was very young and I had not seen him since. It was always in the back of my mind as to what happened to him. A few times in my life, I tried to find him, just to ask him what happened etc.

I searched online a few times, found various documents like birth certificate etc, but all drew a blank.

As everyone knows, I am very active on social media, I love the Philippines very much and regularly post on SocMed. Around a year ago, my father was just browsing the Internet and apparently read a story online about the Philippines. I was featured in the story. My father apparently saw the story online, it led him to my Facebook account.

Over the next few months, my father had been watching my Facebook. Last year, I was involved in a protest outside a restaurant, waiting for Cong. Gary Alejano. My father was apparently watching the protest live online, he got frustrated that I was being given the run around and hence got in touch.

Just recently after 47 years, I was able to meet my father. This never would have happened had it not been for #Facebook and my social media activities.

At a time where I am having a lot of personal difficulties in my life, just wanted to share this with others to hopefully encourage others, that if it’s meant to be, somehow, sometime, God or fate or whatever you believe in, will make a way.

#ThankYouFacebook
#ConnectingPeople

No comments: