Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Malcolm Conlan


PUBLIC STATEMENT:

Just wanted to put on record that following my status update a few days ago on my feelings, I had received a number of messages of support from members of the Filipino community around the globe, but also some message and comments of hate and upset.

I wanted to make it very clear that first and foremost, I love the Philippines and Filipino people with all my heart. Long before I got involved with politics, I used to support Filipino issues through petitions, protests and writing open letters, defending issues of racism, prejudice and discrimination against Filipinos. Why?

My family are from the Philippines, I love the country and people with a passion, this first started when I was around 18, having first visited the country.
Over the years, I have been involved in the Filipino community in the UK, running a Filipino events website, Fil-Event.com and supporting filipino events.

I have also had the privilege of meeting two former Philippine Presidents and various Filipino politicians over the years. Something which was an honour. My philosophy in life, is to try and see the best in everyone as much as possible. I am not doing any of this to try and be popular, I genuinely care, particularly when my own family are Filipino.

Just because I happen to support the current President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, does it mean all my good work and diplomacy is forgotten?

I support President Duterte as I truly believe he cares for the Filipino people. I have seen a lot of positive changes in the country. Improving healthcare, infrastructure spend, reducing crime, reduction in corruption, in fact zero tolerance on those who are corrupt.

Thank you.

No comments: