Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Why human trafficking for our OFWs keep on recurring


It's an honor sharing my point of you to others although some might disagree. But each and everyone is entitled to an opinion that's the beauty of democracy.I must admit there are some clerical and grammar errors made on yesterday's mail because to be honest I was overwhelmed with emotion while typing it being a victim also of injustice in a foreign land and getting mediocre support (if at all) from our government agencies. For a case like mine that needs a major surgery, the Philippine Embassy Qatar offered me a band aid during the previous administration.

I have still yet to meet the newly appointed Ambassador and looking forward to see him. Again, welcome to Qatar (hell is more like it with the migraine you're about to experience with the mess left by your predecessor) and best of luck. I hope you're an action man and the Clint Eastwood type with a big gun because joking aside that's the style of management needed here if you really want to make a big significance and help our abused and helpless OFWs. Take it from me sir I know and telling it what it is. Below corrected mail from yesterday and added a few points.

If I may have the privilege to give my humble opinion on the question "Why human trafficking for our OFWs keep on recurring".

Debt by bondage also falls under human trafficking although in my case the suspects did it with finesse using fraud. We need not be Albert Einstein and discover the theory of relativity that question has long been answered.

"The reason why evil men succeed with what they do and get away with it, is because good men turn a blind eye and do nothing". It's simple cowardice and self serving interest by some individuals in our government agencies concerned.

When I was in prison due to false absconding charges, I managed to make a call using a cell phone which took an effort and cost me owned by a detainee and illegal and was able to get hold of a vice consul with the Philippine Embassy Qatar whom I will not name during the administration of former Ambassador Crescente Relacion.While half way explaining my false arrest and detention I was interrupted by the vice consul and said quote "I cannot stay for long I have to attend a wedding" unquote.

I can understand our embassies need to establish good relations (and in some cases kiss the ass) with the host country but when it comes to setting priorities protecting the rights of every Filipino citizen should be on the top of the list.We lack the toughness and teeth when it comes to dealing with issues concerning abuse and violation of human rights of our OFWs especially if it involves powerful locals.When this happens and undermined it sends a wrong signal and even encourage it.

It's important to strengthen relations with other countries because it creates job opportunities for our OFWs but we owe them nothing let us not lose sight of that.These countries obviously can't do it on their own or we will not be here in the first place. They badly needed the skills of our OFWs to run their industries doing the dirty work while they just sit around waiting for profits. And if I may suggest, the only way to improve and minimize (if not eliminate) the negative things we hear or read about our OFWs is that when the citizens of these countries cross the line, this should not be tolerated by our embassies and dealt with a no nonsense approach to show them we mean business rather than make a deal with the devil at the expense of our OFWs. Have a nice weekend to all.


Thank you and may God bless you all and your families.



Salvador F. Campos
Passport Number XX3018857
Doha, Qatar
Mobile +97477194338
Skype   deephouse192822

No comments: