Featured Post

MABUHAY PRRD!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

An Open Letter to the KFC Philippines Management

Image
So I went to the KFC branch near Pasig Simbahan to eat with a friend. I chose KFC coz we all know that their chicken tastes good be it original or hot and crispy.
I was so excited to have their promo of 99 pesos for 2 pieces chicken with rice. I don’t drink soft drinks so I don’t mind having no drinks at all. I am fine with just glass of water. What I am excited about is the thought of having 2 pcs of yummy chicken!
So I ordered. I told the lady at the counter to have at least one thigh part. And true enough there was a thigh part. But when she chose another part, it is a wing part and of smaller size. Wing part is okay but it was really small. So I asked the lady if she could exchange it with a bigger one (coz I know that they have a policy not allowing 2 thigh parts in one meal). And the crew replied:
“Ay sir. Hindi po pwede. Ganyan po talaga yan.”
I was so puzzled about her response that I asked again.
“Ano? Anong hindi pwedeng ganyan?”
And then she replied:
“Pag 2 pcs po, dapat yung isa malaki tapos yung isa ay maliit.” 
What??? What did I just hear?! I’ve been eating on different KFC branches and this is the first time that I encounter this. And I got pissed coz I don’t get their logic. The crew won’t even have the decency to be apologetic. Nagmamalaki pa ata. I was about to let go of it but I can’t accept the fact that I was not given a good reason as to why my 2pcs of KFC Chicken order consisted of 1 regular (if not big) and 1 small-sized chicken. Come to think of it, I paid for 2 pcs of chicken!!! So who the hell are they to choose or impose that one chicken should be of smaller size than the other??
Pissed. I told the crew that I wanted to talk to their manager. And the crew still has that confident nagmamalaki aura.
“Excuse me? Ah totoo ba na pag 2pcs of chicken ang inorder ko eh yung isa malaki tapos yung isa dapat maliit?”
The manager who looks like a senator that Vice Ganda and Senyora Santibanez has been bashing smiled sarcastically and said:
“Opo.”
Yes. The manager just answered me with an “Opo” and nothing else. So I am starting to lose of myself with anger.
“BAKIT?”
I said that in an angry tone.
“Eh kasi po pag nagshiship po sila ng mga chicken may mga malalaki at may maliliit po.” She replied.
I got pissed even more.
Eh ano ngaun kung may malaki at maliliit na chicken sa shipment niyo? Kasalanan ko ba yun?”
The manager is still smiling and she still looks like that senator ugh! It’s feeding my anger.
“Eh Sir, company policy po talaga namin yun eh.”
I feel like I am going to lose the battle. So I said what I have to say. I just want them to know the thoughts of a KFC customer and KFC lover.
“So kahit 2 pcs ang binayaran ko, talagang ipagpipilitan niyo na dapat yung isa eh maliit? Anong klaseng ad ang nakalagay sa board niyo? It says there 2 pcs chicken for 99 pesos. Wala namang sinabi na yung isa dapat ay mas maliit kesa dun sa isa ah? 
The manager kept on saying that it is their company’s strict policy. And that they can’t do anything about it. My point was I paid for 2 pcs, why will I get a combination 1 regular-sized and 1 small-sized chicken. What’s the point of having 2 pcs of chicken?? Even Jollibee, Mcdo and Chowking don’t do that. Why are they? I am so disappointed. They even told me that if I ordered them separately (one 1 pc chicken), they will allow it.
Para saan pa yung 2 pcs na inorder ko kung yung isa eh maliit din naman pala? Okay fine. But you know what, I WANTED TO TO TELL YOU THAT IT IS UNFAIR. KFC IS BEING UNFAIR TO THE CUSTOMERS.”
I told that in a pissed but calm voice. But she still has that sarcastic smile. I was about to bash the manager about her looking like that senator that Senyora Santibanez loves to talk about and bash but, neah, I chose to become the better person. Hence I did this open letter. So I just walked away and ate my “2pcs” of chicken.
To the KFC Management, is this true? That you are requiring your crews to have one chicken to be of smaller size once a customer buys 2 pcs of chicken? But what’s the point of buying and paying for 2 pcs chicken?? Mcdo doesn’t do that. So is Jollibee and Chowking. How come you do that to your customers? And your crews cannot even give me a valid reason. It is not our fault that you receive chickens of different sizes during shipments. Be true to your advertisements. If you say 2 pcs chicken, give them 2 pcs regardless of the size! That’s technically false advertisement!!! Calling the attention of DTI, you might want to take a look at this. It is unfair for our customers.
And for all of you out there who is reading this post. I challenge you. You order 2 pcs chicken at KFC. If they did this to you, insisted that one chicken should be of smaller size than the other, I challenge you to talk the manager and ask for a decent and valid reason. Let me know if you can win the battle. I just hope that the manager doesn’t look like you-know-who.
PLEASE SHARE IF YOU HAVE THE SAME SENTIMENTS OR EXPERIENCES. LET THIS REACH THE KFC MANAGEMENT.

No comments: